When my first son was born almost 6 years ago, I bought a new camera and set out to re-learn all I had been taught in high school about photography as quickly as possible. I was desperate to document as much as I could from each phase of his new little life. Those pictures from his first year? *sigh* At this point, I’m just happy that I have anything. There were hundreds and thousands of terrible pictures. And so much frustration. That first year turned into two years of trial and error, googling, reading, shooting more bad pictures, learning, and finally, making photos I was proud of. And now it’s time for you to take advantage of my clumsy journey.
You know the value of documenting the everyday. Your walls are covered with the pictures from your family sessions, but the months between sessions seem to vanish without a trace. You’ve got a lovely Sunday morning pancake breakfast commemorated for all eternity in an album, but nothing to show for the week last summer when your daughter finally learned how to ride a bike or for your toddler’s first steps, those came a month before your session.
As much as I’m sure we would all love for me to be there to capture every Instagram worthy moment, I can’t be. It’s time to gain some control over your camera so you can fill in the gaps! Whether you’re in business already and want to start incorporating a real-life, documentary style into your brand or you’re simply a hobbyist who wants to preserve your family’s memories in a powerful way, I can provide the tools and support necessary to get you there with minimal crying and gray hairs. Let’s get started before your kids (or your clients’ kids) are grown and out of the house.
Are you brand new to photography and only ever take pictures with your phone?
In 6 weeks of mentoring we can work on:
• Getting your camera off of Auto and on to Manual so you can start taking control over your images
• Mastering your camera’s settings in a variety of real-life lighting situations
• Overcoming your fear of challenging light and cluttered environments to open up a world of shooting possibilities
• Shooting with a variety of creative compositions to turn your snapshots into real works of art
• Establishing a solid foundation for clean editing to create timeless photographs
• Identifying the big and little moments worth photographing so you’re not wasting energy with the ‘spray & pray’ shooting method
Or are you comfortable with shooting, but you feel like your images are lacking?
Book 2 or 4 weeks and start:
• Telling compelling stories with your photographs
• Learning how to document the everyday in a way that speaks to you and your viewers
• Incorporating storytelling photography into your business and standing out in a saturated market
• Refining your business and marketing practices to bring in new clients and keep your old ones
• Finding the motivation and inspiration to shoot often
• And anything else your little heart desires!